Happy new year to all the hackers. Lets go big this year. Hack all the things, all the time. I mean this in the most encompassing way possible. If you don’t like something change it, mod it, hack it. 2014 was an incredible year lets make 2015 twice as epic. Keep learning, keep reading those manuals, keep reading those RFCs and keep watching those conferences / tutorials / videos. Turn off the TV and get creative. Make your agenda one of amazing awesomeness. Keep inspired and inspiring others. Thank you to everyone who pushes me and supports me, hakology and the hacking community. We might be a bunch of outcast weirdos and our definition of normal may be abnormal to some, but if you enjoy what you do and it makes you happy just keep doing it.
I know this is ‘slightly’ belated but I haven’t had much time to post recently but be assured if I’m not uploading / posting stuff I’m always thinking about the next project, next line of code, next hack.
I wrote this tutorial because the greasemonkey script is slightly broken …
1. Install grease monkey for firefox. (Available via the plugins menu)
2. Restart firefox.
3. Install this script in to grease monkey by clicking the install button on the page. http://userscripts-mirror.org/scripts/show/156278
4. Go to the grease monkey icon and choose edit userscripts.
5. Click on options
6. Click on Edit this user script.
7. Find this line :
var blocks = GM_getValue(‘savedblocks’, ‘PewDiePie,TobyGames,Smosh Games’);
8. Edit the line and add the channel you want to block like this.
var blocks = GM_getValue(‘savedblocks’, ‘PewDiePie,TobyGames,Smosh Games,channeliwanttoblock’);
9. Add more if required make sure you use a comma to separate the values and enclose values in the single quotes.
10. Save the script
11. Restart firefox
12. Enjoy 😀
After writing the tutorial I found a fix for not being able to see the block list on youtube …
1. Open the script for editing again
2. Find the line that looks like this …
var settingsDiv = ‘<div style=”padding:10px;”
3. Edit the line so it looks like this …
var settingsDiv = ‘<div style=”margin-top:100px;margin-left:250px;padding:20px;”
4. Leave the rest of the code on that line exactly the way it is.
5. Click save
6. Restart firefox
Now all the functionality of the original script should be working in your browser.